Do you network much? What is your opening line, when you introduce yourself. (Elevator Speech) Some professionals use tag lines – the one or two line descriptors that often come after a product logo or company name. It is one of those things that looks simple but isn’t.
Some suggestions and ideas.
*First, decide what you want to communicate with your tag line.*Second, prepare to brainstorm.
*Third, ask others to critique your tag line.
– Wal-Mart – “Always low prices.”
– Kenmore – “Solid as Sears.”
– Nike – “Just do it.”
– Plumber – “We repair what your husband fixed.”
– Lead With Heart Non-profit Foundation – “Giving back with Heart.”- i Take The Lead, Inc – “Sharing qualified referrals.”
– Mac Repair Tech – “Friends don’t let friends use Windows.”
Some are even from famous movies or television shows.
-Star Trek – “To boldly go where no man has gone before.”
-The Fly – “Be afraid. Be very afraid.”
Also, find your competitors’ tag lines – look at them and strive to be better and different.
Most of all, have fun with it!